Did you know that on average, lighting accounts for nearly 40 per cent of a business’s electricity use?
The Commercial Lighting Incentive provides non-residential electricity customers in Saskatchewan with access to selected premium energy efficient lighting equipment at a discounted price. The program is hassle-free and can help to significantly lower your business’s electricity costs.
Why choose energy efficient lighting?
- Save money on your power bills — energy efficient lighting can save you up to 40 per cent on your annual lighting costs. For example, replace your T12 fixtures with high performance or reduced wattage T8 fixtures and save up to 35 per cent.
- See enhanced tenant productivity and customer value with improved levels of lighting and output for your operations.
- Lower your need for maintenance, resulting in reduced maintenance costs.
- Help protect the environment by using less electricity.
- Save instantly — SaskPower automatically offsets the cost to upgrade from selected standard lighting options to premium energy efficient lighting options at point of purchase.
Incentive eligibility requirements
The Commercial Lighting Incentive is open to any non-residential electricity consumer that operates in Saskatchewan and purchases lighting and electrical equipment through an electrical contractor. No need to wait for mail-in rebates; the savings are instant when your contractor purchases the discounted lighting equipment through a participating electrical distributor.
The equipment purchased must comply with the all eligibility criteria as described in the Qualified Product List. To get started, simply ask a certified electrical contractor to explain which premium energy efficient lighting options are best for your business.